A+ Property Management co.
P.O. Box 1065, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Applicant Screening Criteria
We are working with our owners to maintain the quality of the property we manage. To this end, we have a very thorough screening process. Please review our list of criteria. If you feel you meet the criteria, please apply - we would be happy to rent to you.
We will accept an applicant who has the following qualifications. In the case of multiple acceptable applications, the applicant who has seen the property first will have first priority.
1) Applicant Process
a) Application completed in full by all residents over the age of 18.
b) Application is for move-in within two weeks of available date at stated rent and deposits and for stated lease term.
2) Credit Worthiness- A credit report with at lease three accounts that are paid as agreed. No accounts listed with late payments. No evictions, liens, or judgements on credit report.
3) Housing References-Positive landlord reference for two years. A positive reference will include: rent paid as agreed, no damage by tenant to property, proper notice given prior to vacancy, no complaints from neighbors and that the landlord or agent would rent to the tenant again.
4) Employment-Positive employment references or verifiable source of income.
5) Rent to Income Ratio-Gross monthly income equal to three times the rent amount.
a) No more than two persons per bedroom.
b) No more than two vehicles, no RVs or boats.
c) No pets (if property does not allow pets).
d) Nonsmokers (if property does not allow smokers).
7) Arrests and Convictions-No criminal history.
8) Demeanor and Behavior-The behavior and demeanor of applicants during the application process will be considered.
9) Incomplete, Inaccurate, or Falsified Information-Any information that is incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, or falsified may be grounds for rejection or termination of the rental agreement upon discovery.
A+ Property Management does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or disability, nor, in the city of Portland, on source of income. We comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
If your application does not meet these guidelines, we would be happy to process it nonetheless and present it to the owner for approval. It is possible that the owner may accept the application with modifications and/or additional deposits.